*Note: this post is part of an Everyday Inspiration 20-day writing prompt program I’m participating in. Today’s Prompt: Write a list of things I like.
- I like lists, and how they help unsnarl the tangle of thoughts and emotions roaring through my brain. How they help distill life down into manageable bits.
- I like the minimart owner who greets me every morning with “go get em’ girl!” as I run past at 5:30 AM.
- I like rescue dogs and cats and the humans that rescue them.
- I like finding typos in published material. Gotcha!
- I like crossword puzzles and jigsaw puzzles and how the worries of the day disappear into the little boxes and pieces.
- I like pizza, french fries, margaritas, and the discipline I maintain to keep these occasional indulgences from destroying a body I love and work at.
- I like catching a glimpse of a little league game unfold just past my train window en route to NYC. It’s like I’m on the bleachers cheering my big bro on, all over again.
- I like relenting to the warm, snuggly purrs offered by my lazy cat stretched across my lap. I’ll get to whatever needs getting to later.
- I like mama’s who hold their little girl’s hands. And not just crossing the street.
- I like pedestrians without ear buds or phones to faces.
- I like yoga, running, bicycling, swimming, cartwheeling in the park, kicking a ball, throwing a frisbee, dancing like a dork, anything that requires one to move and have a wonderful time doing it.
- I like smiling at my late papa, arms stretched to the Heavens, mid-tree pose in a 90 minute yoga class. I look up, he looks down, assuring me all is well and he is well.
- I like a little bit of superstition, and never stopping on the number 13.
- I like kissing my husband’s bald head.
- I like getting lost in a new city and relying on smiles and hand gestures to find my way back.
- I like falling in love with a budding author’s debut novel and sharing it with everyone I know.
- I like Great Blue Herons, and if reincarnation is real, I want to return as one.
- I like going to bed earlier than your grandmother.
- I like getting wiser, even if it means getting older.
What do you like?